Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 2 " Bathing Boxes"

Well it is finally here Week 2

With the temperatures soaring into the mid to high 30's Celsius what better way to start my Sunday than with a trip down to Brighton Beach

During the week I was thinking of a list of places I would shoot for these side challenges when I recalled shooting my niece and her hubby's wedding and using the bathing boxes in one series of their images and as they are so colorful i thought "perfect"

here is one of the images from her Wedding shot with an Olympus C-5060 P&S




SUNDAY 10th January 2010

Buzzzzz damn its 5.00am already

OK quick shower, brush the biters, and scoff down a coffee and grab the GPS on the way out the door
While driving as it became lighter I noticed "again no clouds to speak of"
After a short 30min drive I pull into the parking area at Brighton Life Saving Club
and watch as the sun slowly rises but i misjudged the location just a little, hoping the sun would rise further down the beach rather than over the boxes which it did grrrrrr "note for future shoots here"



One of the best things with shooting on sand with a tripod is its so easy to get the levels right
OK press this leg in a little deeper etc etc etc



The 1st attempt (and the best) I set up getting close to the 2nd box and shooting down the line of them, the reason I didn't shoot from the 1st box is they have a massive power pole in the way
instead of altering the shutter speeds I altered the Aperture settings this time from
F4 - F13 range over the 10 frames I guess this gave a more sharpness to the image but the colors weren't as vibrant its all a part of learning and this is what PaW does it gives you the chance to shoot and experiment
because the light still wasn't all that great I used ISO 500 and shot all frames at 1/160



so here is the image I have submitted


2 comments:

  1. The colors are even more vibrant on your blog (than on DPC). I think it might be the black background... looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy i was thinking the same
    even in CS4 they look more vibrant than DPC

    ReplyDelete