Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 5 "Carlton Gardens & Royal Exhibition Building"

Well G'day again
what I had intended to shoot today couldn't have gone any worse if I tried
Firstly there was a howling wind when i woke and i noticed that the sky didnt have a single cloud in it as i drove into town
The plan was to get to the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton by 6.30am well that part was right on schedule the only problem I could foresee at that time was the strong winds that I knew was going to play havoc with shooting HDR
Tree movement just kills any hope of a decent effect being obtained in HDR
so I figured the Exhibition Building wont move :)
this building is just amazing it was the site of our first Parliament back in 1901
and always has something happening this week as you see its the Hot Rod Show
so I shot the building from a few different pov and I do actually like the 2nd image and likely would have entered it in the Jan Free Study if it didn't have the dust particles and the tree shadow from movement but oh well another time maybe

I also tried Topaz Adjust for the first time in image 1 the effects can be quite staggering and also be way over done
When I got home and downloaded the images to my horror as you see they are a mass of dust spots
the only real usable image was one I took of the Garden beside the building as the garden camouflaged the dust spots
so thats it for this week a real disapointment in the way the images turned out but i will have this sorted in the next few weeks


ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING












Additional info on the REB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Exhibition_Building


CARLTON GARDENS


My Submission into PaW 2010 Week 5 " Carlton Gardens"









No comments:

Post a Comment